Two thirds (64%) of operations are sold to family, friends and neighbours, with the remaining operations (36%) being sold to third parties. Six in ten buyers (60%) seek advice from a family member, while only four in ten (39%) sellers consult a family member when selling their operation.
Latest survey results
While half of respondents record information by writing in a book, it is rarely the only tool. Analysis shows that the use of writing in a book is used to supplement spreadsheets, crop and field management software tools or other software, e.g. accounting software.